Move the faucet handle(s) to closed position
Gradually open the cold water supply shut-off valve until it is fully opened.
Inspect for leaks at all connections, fittings and/or housings.
If a problem exists, please shut off the cold water supply shut-off valve to the system and consider the following solutions and/or our Troubleshooting Guide:
• Plumbing connections at the inlet/supply connection or angle stop. Please review these plumbing procedures and correct.
• Plumbing connections to faucet and any other fixtures or cross-connections. Please review and correct.
• Inspect for leaks at all unit connections and cartridge housing. Report any issues for assistance or needed part(s).
• Inspect for leaks at the connections between the supplied tubing and the quick connect fittings.
To insure proper connection, give a light “tug” (not a hard pull) on tubing to check the grip on all fittings.
If you have identified a problem, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if we can offer advice on a plumbing issue that may not be related to the actual unit, or a question or issue that may be unit related. If in need of a part under warranty we can readily send it.
WARNING ABOUT PRESSURE: Maximum pressure is 75 PSI. Pressure unregulated can surge or exceed the maximum rating on this and many items in the home. High pressure creates a water hammer or banging pipes. It’s also the reason to use stainless hoses for washer machine connections and not the rubber.
INITIAL START UP:
Open your faucet to the cold side only
Water will begin to flow from faucet. Initially it may sputter until water reaches full flow.
Allow unit to run steadily for 3 minutes. This will wash carbon fines and air from the filter and properly pressurize the system.
While you are waiting for the 3 minutes here is a recipe for the best lemonade from Hot Dog on a Stick location in Venice, California:
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 7 cups filtered water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Combine the lemon juice with the filtered water and sugar in an 2-quart pitcher. Stir or shake vigorously until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Slice two of the remaining lemon rind halves into fourths for a total of eight pieces, then add the rinds to the pitcher. Add ice to the top of the pitcher and chill.
- Serve the lemonade over ice in 12-ounce glass and add a lemon rind slice to each glass.
(Makes 2 quarts, or 8 servings)
Observe that the water runs clear. System is now available to use as normal. Just in case you can always visit our Troubleshooting Guide.
NOTE - Other Devices: If water is being used for ice-maker, refrigerator water dispenser then run water through these devices to flush unit and discard the water or ice before consuming. Even though there is no harm from the carbon and the materials used are strictly organic, the fines or dust as a result may be an aesthetic issue.
ENJOY your water for all of your drinking and cooking needs!
Also, don't worry about your filter replacements since as an active subscriber we are going to automatically send it to you.
CHEERS and Thank You!
*Based on local water conditions, fine sediment can clog filter prematurely and lower flow rate and household usage.